GN: Note to Councilors Elliott and Kennedy – This is from the City’s WEBSITE has of 3:06 Today.
LOWELL CITY COUNCIL
TUESDAY JANUARY 15, 2013
CITY HALL, CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME 6:30 PM
1. Communication – Quarterly Report RE: Council Employees (Manager, Clerk, Auditor) benefits.
2. Minutes of City Council Meeting January 8th; Finance Subcommittee January 8th; and Rules Subcommittee January 8th, for acceptance.
3. Communication – 2nd Quarter 2013 Cash Controls Review; December Budget Reports.
4. Vote – Accept Ch. 32B, s. 20
5. Communications – From City Manager—Responses to City Council Motions and Requests and Informational Materials.
A. VERBAL REQUEST OF 1/8/13 BY COUNCILOR ELLIOTT
“Will the University Avenue bridge need to be closed this summer as part of the construction project? If so are contingency plans in place to address traffic impacts?”
B. COUNCIL MOTION OF 12/11/12 BY COUNCILOR LORREY
“Request the City Manager have proper department review the traffic conditions on Andrews Street and Lupine Road and report and recommend possible solutions.”
C. COUNCIL MOTION OF 11/13/12 BY COUNCILOR MERCIER
“Request the City Manager meet with all potential participants to achieve successful city wide implementation of the Darkness to Light child sexual abuse prevention program.”
D. COUNCIL MOTION OF 10/9/12 BY COUNCILOR MERCIER
“Request the City Manager have the proper department repair defect in roadway in front of 369 Andover Street. (in concrete)”
E. FOLLOW UP TO COUNCIL MOTION OF 10/16/12 BY C. LORREY
“Req. City Mgr. Form a problem property task force similar to the one used in Boston.”
F. FOLLOW UP TO COUNCIL MOTION OF 10/16/12 BY C. LORREY
“Req. City Mgr. have proper department provide a list of possible sites for outdoor skating this winter.”
G. New bus shelters installed
H. School Safety Meeting
I. Flu season information
6. Communication – From City Manager request approval Out of State Travel (2) LPD.
7. Vote – Incur liability snow and ice removal
8. Vote-Authorize Manager Execute MOU SEIU Local 888 (Water/Wastewater) 7/1/10-6/30/12
9. Vote-Transfer $16,000 (Munis Animal Licensing)
REPORTS (Sub/Committee, if any)
10. Public Safety Subcommittee January 15th.
11. Vote – RE: Recommendation of Rules Subcommittee.
12. Claims (1) claim for property damage.
13. Misc. – Peter Marlowe, Tyngsboro, Ma., request zoning change for land known as 14 and 16 Third Street.
14. C. Mercier – Req. City Mgr. provide update on the Water Utility investigation in an Executive Session Meeting.
15. C. Mercier – Req. City Council recognize Lynne Brown Zounes and her new business New England Adult Day Health Center at following City Council meeting.
16. C. Mercier – Req. to re-new Home Rule Petition with this new City Council to lower voting age to 17 for Municipal Elections.
17. C. Elliott – Req. City Mgr. /City Clerk report on status of ethics training requirement for 2012.
18. C. Elliott – Req. City Mgr. report on appointments to Lowell Commission on Disability.
19. C. Mendonca – Req. City Mgr. provide a plan to address “Unacceptable Streets”; naming the streets and mileage to be addressed in the current FY and each of the next 5 fiscal years.
20. C. Martin – Req. City Mgr. have proper department take measures to publicize the availability of Flu Shots.
21. C. Nuon – Req. City Mgr. have proper department prepare a report regarding preparedness in addressing flu epidemic issues.
22. C. Nuon – Req. City Mgr. prepare updated list of capital improvements for 2013 and 2014.
23. C. Leahy – Req. City Council set a date to discuss the Master Plan either in subcommittee or special meeting during the month of January.
24. C. Lorrey – Req. City Council vote to dedicate the community park and garden on Whiting Street in honor of Wilfred Levasseur (founder of Cote’s Market).
25. C. Lorrey – Req. City Council support the past and continuing efforts of our state delegation in modifying MGL c. 30B, particularly as it relates to efforts of selecting Massachusetts bidders over out of state bidders.
26. C. Lorrey – Req. City Council request our state delegation file legislation to amend the Victim’s Rights Act so that municipalities may be legally recognized by the courts as a victim during plea and sentencing proceedings.
27. EXECUTIVE SESSION – To review for release the Executive Session Minutes regarding contract negotiations with City Auditor (non-union personnel).