LOWELL CITY COUNCIL
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 20, 2012
CITY HALL, CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME 6:30 PM
1. Proclamation – Declaring Saturday November 24th Small Business Saturday.
2. Minutes of City Council Meeting November 13th; Public Safety S/C November 13th, for acceptance.
GENERAL PUBLIC HEARINGS (Scheduled for 7PM)
3. Fuel Storage – Transgas, Inc. request additional 6,000 gls. Liquefied Natural Gas.
UTILITY PUBLIC HEARINGS (Scheduled for 7PM)
4. Pole Loc. – National Grid to install (1) pole and wire Mort Avenue.
5. Communication-From City Manager Responses to City Council Motions and Requests.
6. Order – 60 day trial (Various)
7. Ordinance – Quarterly Traffic (November)
8. Ordinance – Create Victim Services Advocate (full time-grant funded) position and establishing salary ($36,581.85-$42,866.54) in Police Dept.
9. Vote – Approve City of Lowell Community Choice Power Supply Program; Aggregation Plan.
10. Resolution – Authorizing the City of Lowell to become an aggregator of electric power on behalf of its residential and business communities.
11. Communication – Appoint Susan Halter to LTC Board
REPORTS (Sub/Committee, if any)
12. Environment Subcommittee November 20th.
13. Gas Main – National Grid request for main location Marginal Street.
14. C. Leahy – Req. City Mgr. prepare a cost analysis report regarding snow removal for average snow storms.
15. C. Leahy – Req. City Mgr. discuss with School Department regarding having no school in session on election days.
16. C. Leahy – Req. City Mgr. have proper department work with Friends of Lowell High to construct a new concession stand at Cawley Stadium.
17. C. Nuon – Req. City Mgr. instruct Law Department review all possible zoning restrictions regarding any marijuana dispensaries in the City.
18. C. Elliott – Req. City Council discuss gun buyback program and determine if funding from Law Enforcement Trust Funds can be used.
19. C. Lorrey – Req. City Mgr. have discussion with Superintendent of Schools regarding the possibility of combining summer programs.
20. C. Lorrey – Req. City Mgr. have proper department explore the possibility of rezoning 160.1 Swan St. and all of Bigelow St. to Suburban Single Family District.