I’ve attached both the Lowell City Council Agenda and the Greater Lowell Tech School Committee Agenda.
Just a few observations:
1) Since he was sworn in at the meeting Monday Evening, there is nothing on the Tech Agenda formally Welcoming new Lowell School committeeman Ray Boutin
2) Mr. Boutin waste no time and has 3 motions on the Agenda, one asking about the Morale Issue, one on the use of the Tablets the teachers have been using and the plan for the students and one that echo’s an earlier Gitschier motion ask about updating the Schools Web Site.
3) Fred Bahou has a motion asking for the General Council to present the Formal harassment Complaint claimed by the Supt. He also has a motion dealing again with getting the meeting shown Live on LTC.
On The Council side, both Councilor Nuon and Kennedy have motions regarding this past Tuesdays Election
15. C. Nuon – Req. City Mgr. have proper department prepare a report regarding voter turnout at the latest election along with a review of procedures and any proposed changes for future elections.
18. C. Kennedy – Req. City Mgr. prepare a report that reviews the most recent election operations and make
recommendations regarding staffing and training of election office and poll workers and how to eliminate any problems that may have occurred.
Councilor Nuon has a couple other motions that I don’t understand and hopefully will be clarified on Tuesday.
16. C. Nuon – Req. City Mgr. request quarterly reports from Lowell Public Schools and Greater Lowell Vocational
School regarding status on programs and initiatives at the schools.
17. C. Nuon – Req. City Mgr. request our State House Representatives and Senator be involved with the final drafting of language for Mass. Ballot Question #3 (Medical Marijuana).
Council Mercier has 5 motions including one asking for the wood wind blockers to be put back up on the Aiken and Bridge St. bridges. I seem to recall something about them NOT being put back but forget the reasons why.
C. Mercier – Req. City Mgr. have proper department install the wind breaker fixture boards along the Bridge St. and Aiken St. bridges.