LOWELL CITY COUNCIL
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 6, 2012
CITY HALL, CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME 6:30 PM
1. Minutes of City Council Meeting October 23rd; Special Meeting City Council/School Committee October 24th; Special Meeting City Council October 30th; Education Partnerships Subcommittee October 30th, for acceptance.
2. Communication – October 2012 Grants; 1st Quarter 2013 Cash Controls Review; Schedule A FY 2012.
3. Vote – Authorization for Greater Lowell Technical High School repair project.
4. Communication – From City Manager Responses to City Council Motions and Requests.
5. Communication – From City Manager request approval of Out of State Travel (3) LPD, (1) DPD.
6. Constable Bond – (1) Bond (Adam J. McPhillips), for approval for term 1/4/2011-1/7/2014.
7. Order 60 day trial (various).
8. Vote – Accept gift from LRTA (2003 Ford Cutvan) for Police Dept.
9. Vote – Accept proposal of Marlowe Building and Design Inc. ($85,000) (14 and 16 Third St.).
10. Vote – Apply/Accept/Expend $200,000 US EPA Brownfields Assessment Grant and $1,000,000-US EPA Brownfields Revolving Loan Fund.
11. Vote – Auth filing Special legislation re: membership of Lowell License Commission
REPORTS (Sub/Committee, if any)
12. Education Partnerships Subcommittee October 30th.
13. Wire Insp. – Report of National Grid request to install underground conduit Broadway Lowell, MA.
14. Claims – (1) claim personal injury.
15. Misc. – Atty. James Flood on behalf of One Perkins Street, LLC request access easement 45 Lawrence Drive.
16. Misc. – Gayla J. Ireland, Lowell, MA request Handicap Parking Sign.
17. Misc. – Darlene Santiago, Lowell, MA request Handicap Parking Sign.
18. Fuel Storage – Transgas Inc., 87 Industrial Ave. East, Lowell, Ma., request additional storage 6,000 gls liquefied natural gas.
19. Pole Location – National Grid request to install 1 pole at 37 Mort Avenue.
20. C. Lorrey – Req. City Mgr. contact owners of the Prince Macaroni Bridge on Gorham St. regarding repairs and safeguards, including notification to GPS system, preventing larger vehicles from striking bridge.
21. C. Lorrey – Req. City Mgr. contact police department regarding feasibility of developing a self-defense program for women.
22. C. Lorrey – Req. City Mgr. contact proper department regarding developing a program for evening cooking classes.
23. C. Martin – Req. City Mgr. request a report from Verizon and Comcast regarding internet outages caused by recent hurricane.
24. EXECUTIVE SESSION – Executive session regarding contract negotiations with non-union personnel, City Auditor.