The Dracut Community Preservation Committee is proposing to purchase the land behind the Richardson Dairy Stand, located on Bridge Street, to build affordable housing for seniors. We need your help at the Nov. 5 Town Meeting.
Funding for this purchase comes out of the Community Preservation Committee account designated ONLY for affordable housing. These funds cannot be used for any other purpose.
I would like to provide you with important information regarding the project. I’ve attached the Conceptual Plan showing 60 units of elderly housing.
The Community Preservation Committee would like to purchase the land at 17 acre parcel, behind Richardson Dairy (known as 144 Greenmount Ave) and one of the family members’ house located on Bridge St. (1530 Bridge St). We would like to turn the property over to the Dracut Housing Authority (DHA)
• The town has not built affordable housing for seniors in 20 years and there are 200 people on the waiting list.
• The CPC, DHA, Finance Committee and DHA Executive Director Mary Karabatsos support the purchase 100%
• The DHA will be responsible for the development and Mary Karabatsos has been working in that direction.
• The property is located on a bus line for public transportation.
• The property is within walking distance to medical services, banking institutions, parks, shopping, and town offices
• The proposal is to build up to 60 units of single story cottage style units
• In terms of size, units will be 22 X 29, with a 10 X 16 three-season porch
• All units will be handicap accessible.
• All units will have stackable washer dryers.
• We are also looking build a Community Building to include an office area, a meeting room and a community room for community meetings.
In addition to this information, you can also view a video from the Oct. 16 public informational session on this proposed purchase and project. The video was filmed as part of a jointly sponsored broadcast of the Community Preservation Committee and the Dracut Housing Authority. This video will be rebroadcast on Dracut Access TV, Ch. 99, on the following dates:
Sundays at 2 PM
Tuesdays at 3:30 PM
Thursdays at 5 PM
Fridays at 8 PM
Once this show has aired you can view it anytime on Dracut Access TV web site under video on demand show title CPC Public Hearing 10-16-12 http://www.dracuttv.org/videoplay.php?show=21
Brian J Bond