LOWELL CITY COUNCIL
TUESDAY AUGUST 28, 2012
CITY HALL, CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME 6:30 PM
1. Citation – Presentation to Brian Gagnon for his participation in the USA Track and Field Olympic Trials.
2. Communication – From Mayor Sister Cities update.
3. Communication – Presentation of plaque from Mayor of the City of Nairobi, Kenya by Fred Goldberg.
4. Minutes of City Council Meeting August 14th; Public Safety Subcommittee August 16th, for acceptance.
GENERAL PUBLIC HEARINGS (Scheduled for 7PM)
5. Ordinance-Amend Zoning (allow family daycare in Downtown).
6. Order of Taking and Acceptance of Richmond Avenue Ext.
7. UMASS Lowell, Donahue Hall, 91 Pawtucket Street Lowell, Ma request storage 550 gls diesel fuel II liquid.
8. UMASS Lowell, Sheehy Hall, 4 Solomont Way Lowell, Ma request storage 550 gls diesel fuel II liquid.
9. Communication – From City Manager Responses to City Council Motions and Requests.
10. Vote – Declare Surplus 84 West Sixth Street ($23,000)
11. Order of Taking and Acceptance of Elliott Drive and Nob Way
12. Vote – Auth Mgr. Execute MOU (Local 2532) 7/1/10-6/30/12.
13. Vote – Auth Mgr. Execute MOU (Unit “D”) 7/1/10-6/30/12.
14. Order – 60 day trial
15. Vote – Apply/Accept/Expend Grant ($65,000) MassDevelopment Brownfields Redevelopment Fund
16. Ordinance – Amend zoning (Westview Road)
17. Vote – Auth Mgr execute revised LDA with Habitat for Humanity of Greater Lowell, Inc. for property at 49 and 55-57 Rock St.
18. Resolution – to be recorded as committing the City of Lowell’s participation in national Let’s Move initiative.
19. Vote – Auth Mgr on behalf of City to apply for Bloomberg Philanthropies Mayors Challenge.
20. Vote – Auth Mgr Execute MOU (Lowell Traffic Supervisors) for 7/1/12-6/30/15.
21. Communication – From City Manager request approval Out of State Travel (3) Police.
REPORTS (Sub/Committee, if any)
22. Public Safety Subcommittee August 16, 2012.
23. Clerk/Auditor Oversight Subcommittee August 28, 2012.
24. Wire Insp. – Report of National Grid and Verizon New England for: 135 Fourth Avenue, (1) pole location.
25. Claims (1) claim for property damage; (1) claim personal injury.
26. Misc. Roland Mainville (Charlie’s Pub), 14 Cabot Street, petition for non-illuminated awning permit.
27. Pole Locations – National Grid and Verizon New England, Inc. request to set (2) new poles at 256 and 287 Westford Street and (1) pole at Howard Street.
28. C. Mercier – Req. permission to name the (2) tennis courts on the Boylston St. side of Shedd Park in honor of Dennis Krysiak.
29. C. Mercier – Req. Mgr. provide process used to register residents for new parking placards.
30. C. Mercier – Req. Mgr. have proper department have all present and future day care providers inspected by code and fire departments and that if there is no compliance providers be suspended until such time as they comply.
31. C. Lorrey – Req. permission to name the water fountain at Fort Hill Park in honor of Annie Cavanaugh.
32. C. Lorrey – Req. Mgr. have proper department provide update regarding building at 603 Chelmsford Street.
33. C. Kennedy – Req. City Council adopt a policy of holding municipal lien auctions on annual basis.
34. C. Kennedy – Req. Mgr. appoints or re-appoints members to Election Commission.
35. C. Elliott – Req. Mgr. provide report on mosquito control efforts in the City.
36. C. Elliott – Req. Mgr. explain impact the fire-alarm procurement had on local business and property owners and explain deficiencies found in the procurement of fire-alarm system and boxes.
37. C. Elliott – Req. Mgr. provide report on procurement problems in Parking Dept. and steps taken to address them.
38. C. Martin – Req. Mgr. provide an update concerning progress from last Dept. of Revenue report.