LOWELL CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
TUESDAY JUNE 26, 2012
CITY HALL, CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME 6:30 PM
1. Minutes of City Council Meeting June 12th.
2. EXECUTIVE SESSION – For purpose of discussing the kiosk parking meter theft and the charges of criminal conduct resulting from the theft.
UTILITY PUBLIC HEARINGS (Scheduled for 7PM)
3. Comcast of Southern NE, Inc. – Request placing conduit along Merrimack Street.
4. National Grid and Verizon NE, Inc. – Request pole location on Tenth Street.
5. National Grid – Request to install two (2) poles on Edwards Street.
6. Communication – From City Manager Responses to City Council Motions and Requests.
7. Communication – From City Manager request approval of Out of State Travel (1) LPD
8. Resolution in support of equity and transparency in state energy efficiency programs.
9. Vote-Apply/Accept/Expend Grant ($499,000) to support City’s Receivership Program.
10. Order-60 day trials (various).
11. Vote-ratify MOU MVEA (Wastewater Unit I, Unit II, Unit IIP) for period 7/1/10-6/30/12.
12. Vote-ratify MOU (Local 1705A) for period 7/1/10-6/30/12.
13. Vote-Execute Limited Access Agreement 44-55 Rock St. (Habitat for Community).
14. Vote- transfer ($117,987) to cover invoices for outside counsel
15. Vote-transfer ($184,000) to cover shortfalls in various accounts
16. Vote-transfer ($128,100) to clear up year-end payroll deficits.
17. Vote-Execute License Agreement 5 Whiting St (Community Garden)
REPORTS (Sub/Committee, if any)
18. Rules SC 6-26-12.
19. Pole Location – National Grid request to set new pole at 135 Fourth Avenue.
20. C. Lorrey – Request City Mgr. consider entering into discussions with UML regarding leasing Ayotte Garage to UML during Arena events.
21. C. Lorrey – Request City Mgr. or proper subcommittee consider entering into discussions with UML regarding use of wastewater facilities as a source of energy.
22. C. Lorrey – Request City Mgr. consider placing collection of money from parking kiosks under LPD supervision.
23. C. Lorrey – Request City Mgr. have proper department explore changing the pools at O’Donnell and Avenue C into water recreation parks.
24. C. Lorrey – Request Mayor and/or Vice Chair call special meeting to include Manager, Auditor, and Treasurer regarding steps to be taken to ensure proper recording of cash in the City.
25. C. Kennedy – Request City Mgr. provide City Council with weekly reports of intradepartmental transfers that are above $20,000.00.
26. C. Elliott – Request City Mgr. enforce noise ordinance relative to car/portable stereos.
27. C. Mercier – Request City Mgr. provide a report on what steps will be taken regarding oversight and monitoring of monies in the parking garages, kiosks and in fines.