Comcast is moving the Local Gov’t Access Ch. 10 to Ch.99 begining March 20th. Apparently the City Manager was informed via a letter dated Feb. 9th and Councilor Martin has brought this up on this week’s Agenda.
Just what we need, another Home Shopping Channel!! Shop NBC!
February 9, 2012
Mr. Bernard F. Lynch, City Manager
City Manager’s Office
City of Lowell
375 Merrimack Street
Lowell, MA 01852
Re: Channel Lineup Changes
Dear Mr. Lynch:
I am writing to inform you of some changes that will be taking place to the channel lineup in your
community . As a result of WWDP electing must-carry status under FCC Rule 76.56, we will be making
the following channel lineup changes on March 20, 2012 to accommodate their request.
WWDP wi ll move from Ch 72 to Ch 10
Government Access will move from Ch 10 to Ch 99
Customers will receive notice of these changes in advance via direct mail communication. Please feel
free to contact me with any questions at 978-825-2212.
Sr. Manager of Government & Regulatory Affairs
I suggest you call Mr. Kelly at Comcast or WWDP (508) 586-4677 to voice your concern.
Agenda for City Council on February 21, 2012, 06:30 PM
LOWELL CITY COUNCIL
TUESDAY FEBRUARY 21, 2012
CITY HALL, CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME 6:30 PM
1. City Council Minutes of February 14th, Education Partnerships SC February 14th, Municipal Facilities SC February 15th for acceptance.
GENERAL PUBLIC HEARINGS (Scheduled for 7PM)
2. Order – Taking and Acceptance of Technology Drive.
3. Communication – From City Manager Responses to City Council Motions and Requests.
4. Communication – From City Manager, request approval Out of State Travel (1) Career Center, (2) Police.
5. Communication – From City Manager Appointments to Lowell Historic Board, ReAppoint-Rachel Edlund as AIA Mass Member for 2 yrs, and Appoint-George Villaras as Greater Lowell Chamber of Commerce Member for 2 yrs.
6. Vote – Transfer $18,000 from Perpetual Care Interest Fund #8406 to Cemetery Division Overtime Account, Appropriation #04914151-513000.
7. Vote – Transfer $25,000 from Sale of Lots Fund #1723 to Cemetery-Professional Services, Appropriation #04914151-530000.
8. Vote – Transfer $375,000.00 from Free Cash General Fund to School Appropriation and transfer $1,722,507.00 from Free Cash General Fund to Stabilization Fund.
9. Resolution – City Council in opposition to proposed cuts in MBTA services as well as significant planned increases in fares.
REPORTS (Sub/Committee, if any)
10. Municipal Facilities SC Report from 2/15/12
11. Special Meeting Report from 2/16/12
12. Flood SC Report from 2/21/12
13. Finance SC Report from 2/21/12
14. C. Martin – Req. City Mgr. report on Comcast’s intent to move Lowell Cable channel 10 to channel 99 on March 20, 2012.
15. M. Murphy/C. Broderick – Req. City Mgr. explore potential expansion of Lowell Stat Program to analyze public safety, quality of life and economic indicators in the downtown & neighborhood business districts.