LOWELL CITY COUNCIL
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 22, 2011
CITY HALL, CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER
TIME 6:30 PM
1. Minutes of City Council Meeting November 15th, and Technology & Utilities S/C November 15th for acceptance.
GENERAL PUBLIC HEARINGS (Scheduled for 7PM)
2. Vote-Accept MGL c. 270 s. 16 re: prohibiting illegal dumping on public highways and also on property of another.
3. Ordinance-Amend certain sections of Chapter 270 entitled Waste and Recycling.
4. Ordinance-Amend Ch. 150 entitled Fees re: Waste and Recycling.
5. Communication-From City Manager Responses to City Council Motions and Requests.
6. Communication-From City Manager, request approval Out of State Travel (1) LPD.
7. Communication-From City Manager (6) appointments Lowell Telecommunication Board of Directors.
8. Constable Bond, (1) Bond (Jared P. Riccardi), for approval for term 1/4/2011-1/7/2014.
9. Presentation by City Manager – “Key to the City” new series on LTC.
10. Communication-regarding establishing the tax rate and request for public hearing.
REPORTS (Sub/Committee, if any)
11. Ad/Hoc Clerk Oversight S/C Report from November 17th.
12. Neighborhood/Traffic S/C Report from November 22nd.
13. C. Mercier – Req. Mgr. provide status of the jersey barriers on the bridge on Market St. @ Hanover St. and also to provide time line for completion etc.
14. C. Mercier – Req. Mgr. provide an explanation on the rules governing 108 Loans, home funds etc. as it relates to requirement and pay backs with these monies.
15. C. Elliott – Req. Mgr. provide council on construction schedule on all bridges being repaired by Enel Corp.
16. C. Elliott – Req. City Council discuss possibility of setting up a Task Force to address traffic problems city wide.
17. C. Elliott – Req. Mgr. have proper dept. replace Stop Sign at the corner of Laplume Ave. and Barbara St.
18. C. Elliott – Req. City Council vote to request the City Manager have a third party confirm the safety of uninspected LHA units at North Common Village.
19. C. Murphy – Req. Mgr. report on progress toward an updated capital improvement plan.
20. C. Murphy – Req. Mgr. report on estimated property assessment valuations and projected new growth figures.
21. C. Murphy – Req. Mgr. report on progress toward strategic goals and objectives and schedule, with Council, an annual performance review pursuant to the City Manager’s contract.