Since the summer is usually a quiet time, I thought I’d do a review of all motions that Councilors have brought forward over the last term, from Jan. 2010 through June 2011 (City of Lowell Website Agenda’s)
First up Rodney Elliot – If you look at his motions he does stay true to being the Councilor who ask most about financial items. He is also the councilor who ask for more reports from the City Auditor than any other. It should be rembered that the Auditor does work for the Council NOT the Manager and should be asked questions.
If you look overall he does his share of constituent request also. It does appear he wants to be seen as the one councilor constantly questioning the Manager.
He has filed 55 motions over 17 meetings
17. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr/School Supt. provide report on increase in Unemployment Cost $750,000.
18. C. Elliott-Req. Auditor provide quarterly revenue/expenditure reports for FY 2010 Budget.
16.C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. work w/UML to ensure Start Up Co’s researching @ Univ. locate in Lowell.
17. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. determine feasibility of installing lights @ City Dog Park.
9.C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. post all job vacancies on City Website etc.
10.C. Elliott-Req. Council discuss Local Aid figures for FY 2011 Budget.
14. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. have proper dept. re-stripe lines on Univ. Ave @ VFW Highway.
15. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr have proper dept. relocate signs on Glenellyn Rd to opposite side.
13. C. Elliott-Req. Auditor report on CDBG Funds for last five years.
14. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. contact Nat’l Grid re:$50 rebate for old refrigerators.
C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. contact non-profit group Neighborhood Assistance Corp of America (NACA) about coming to Lowell to host a save-a-thon to help homeowners reduce mortgages etc.
17. C. Elliott-Req. Auditor provide report on performance of City Pension System & annual cost to taxpayers.
10. C. Elliott-Req. Finance S/C meet w/School Finance S/C re:FY 2011 Budget Cuts.
11. C. Elliott-Req. Auditor provide Council w/YTD report on Overtime Expenses.
12. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. have Solid Waste Inspector report on #of 21D Tickets, processed/pending.
13. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. update CC on Dangerous Dog Ord. & address unleashed dogs @ city reservoir.
12. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. report on FY2011 Assessment for Vocational School.
13. C. Elliott-Req. Council discuss establishing 3-member Board to provide oversight of Inspectional Services.
14. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. Solid Waste Advisory Comm. investigate solar powered Big Belly compact barrels in downtown etc.
14. C. Elliott-Req. Parks/Rec S/C meet re: safety issues @ Fr. Maguire Park.
18. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. report on proposed building construction on Fairview St.
19. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. report on possibility of Solar Energy System at landfill.
12. C. Elliott-Req. report on status of police contract mediation & impact on budget.
13. C. Elliott/Caulfield-Req. Mgr. prepare vote to support Nat’l Park in opposition of bladder dam @ Pawtucket Falls.
14. C. Elliott-Req. Council discuss door-to-door campaign for Census 2010.
15. C. Elliott-Req. Council create S/C re: Health Insurance Costs.
16. C. Elliott-Req. Council adopt Home Rule Petition giving municipalities’ full authority over planned design for health insurance coverage
33. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. report on issues @ Grand Manor Condominium Complex.
34. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. have DPD look into permit process for drive-way curb cuts.
35. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. provide update on protocol for lock boxes for Nursing homes.
18. C. Elliott-Req. Law Dept. draw language to require muzzling of Pit Bulls involved in incidents
17. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. look into park improvements/cleanup of Fels Park (Pawtucketville).
12. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. develop plans and procedures relative to Health Insurance for Retirees.
17. C. Elliott-Req. Flood S/C meet w/Mgr. re:Update on Bladder System.
18. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr./Health Dept. report on Educational Efforts re:Bed Bugs.
C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. report on Parking Restriction on Varnum Ave. near Hospital.
18. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. report on staffing levels in Police Dept.
15. C. Elliott-Req. Council/Mgr. discuss adjusting fluoride levels in city water supply.
4A-C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. report on status of Overtime Accounts.
15. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. report on impact of population loss from latest Census & discuss process for redistricting wards/precincts.
12. C. Elliott-Req. City ban Level 3 Sex Offenders from the Pollard Memorial Library.
13. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. report on policy re:Citations for Snow Removal
18. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. report on impact of wastewater treatment discs in water system and seek to recoup associated cleanup costs.
12. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. update Council on Ameresco Contract
17. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. contact Sheriff Dept. to request assistance in cleaning city parks etc.
9. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. add link in “Sign Up Today” section of city web site to allow contact w/Mayor/Councillors.
13. C. Elliott-Req. Auditor report on all costs expended to date re:new police garage.
14. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr./Chief Police evaluate possibility of using E-911 Reverse System to notify neighborhoods re:House Breaks/Car Breaks.
15. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. provide Council w/copy Ameresco Contract.
12. C. Elliott-Req. Council discuss including Livingston Ave, Harvard & Nicolet Sts as part of Tyler Park Neighborhood Historic District.
13. C. Elliott-Req. Council discuss Bldg. Permit issued 113 Livingston Ave.
14. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. contact Postmaster re:possibility of relocating mail boxes on main roads (Varnum Ave.) closer to property to prevent vandalism.
15. C. Elliott-Req. Council clarify language in Responsible Pit Bull Ownership Ordinance in Section J-(3)-(a) re: Exceptions to Provisions, Safe Dog Training.
23. C. Elliott-Req. Mgr. provide copies of applications/resumes of applicants for Boards/Commission Positions.
24. C. Elliott-Req. Council discuss Placard Parking Issues on Beacon Street.
Next up the Councilor Patrick Murphy