My wife and I had breakfast at the Owl Diner this morning and while we were there we had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Congresswoman Tsongas and Vicki Kennedy.
Mrs. Kennedy explained that she would be in the 5th district all day today campaigning in support of Congresswoman Tsongas. She spoke fondly of Mrs. Tsongas and talked about how she and Ted campaigned for the Congresswoman in the last election. She also recalled how much the late Sen. Ted Kennedy loved this time of year and how much he looked forward to traveling throughout the state campaigning for himself but more often supporting others in their quest for office.
They will be splitting up the 5th district today with Mrs. Kennedy campaigning with Congresswoman’s Tsongas daughter while the Congresswoman spent time in other parts of the district meeting and listening to people’s concerns.
I am pleased and proud to announce that starting with the November Issue,Tom Duggan has invited me to become a contributor to the Valley Patriot.
Beginning in November I will be bringing gerrynutterslowell to the pages of the Valley Patriot in the form of a monthly column. The Valley Patriot is a monthly Newspaper that covers the Greater Merrimack Valley and has exclusive and in-depth stories and columnist from throughout the Merrimack Valley.
Tom is working hard to expand readership throughout the Greater Lowell Area so be on the lookout for the Valley Patriot and read all about events throughout the Merrimack Valley.
LOWELL CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING TUESDAY OCTOBER 26, 2010 TIME 6:30 PM
1. Minutes of October 19th for acceptance.
2. Communication-From City Manager, responses to Council Motions/Requests.
3. Appointment-Diane Waddell to the Hunger Homeless Commission.
4. Communication from Planning Board, Report on Ch. 290, Zoning, Various Vehicle related sections along w/Ordinance to refer to public hearing.
REPORTS (Sub/Committee, if any)
5. Claims-1 claim property damage.
6. C. Caulfield-Req. City assist Lithuanian Community to erect monument in City Hall Plaza (no monetary contribution).
7. C. Caulfield-Req. Mgr. have proper dept. address inoperable rest room @Stoklosa School.
8. C. Murphy-Req. Mgr. report on short/long term plans for supervision of Lowell Youth Council.