LOWELL CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING TUESDAY AUGUST 10, 2010 TIME 6:30 PM CITY CLERK
1. Minutes of July 27th for acceptance.
2. Order-Demolition orders for 51 Payne Street & 11 So. Whipple St.(from 7/13).
3. Vote-Accepting Chapter 26, Acts of 2010 (Collection unpaid Municipal Fines).
4. Conduit Loc.-Pheonix Communications req. conduit in Appleton/Middle Sts.
5. Pole Loc.-National Grid to place 2 poles First St. Blvd. CITY MANAGER
6. Communications-From City Manager, responses to Council Motions/Requests.
7. Communication-From City Manager, requesting approval Out of State Travel.
8. Resignations (3)-2 From the Historic Board and 1 Conservation Commission.
9. Vote-Accept proposal of Robert Muldoon $52,000 & convey 78 Perry St.
10. Vote-Enter into License Agreement w/U. Mass. Lowell for signage.
11. Resolution-Establishing a Sister City relationship w/Winneba, Ghana.
EXECUTIVE SESSION **Council meet in Executive Session relating to Strategy Sessions for City Manager Contract in preparation with negotiations of non-union personnel.
**Grand Manor-meet in Executive Session as it relates to real property and matters subject to litigation.
**Update ongoing Union Negotiations-meet in Executive Session as it relates to strategy with respect to collective bargaining or litigation.
REPORTS (sub/Committee, if any)
12. Wire Insp.-National Grid 1 pole Lundberg St. & Greener Excavating 133 Clark Rd. Conduit.
13. Misc.-Lowell General Hospital 295 Varnum Ave. req. increase of 20,000 gls diesel fuel 50,000 gls total. 14. Kimberly Liliedahl 254 Concord St. req. HP Sign.
15. Patrick O’Connor address Council re:Excise Tax.
16. Claims-2 claims, 1 property damage, 1 personal injury.
17. C. Caulfield-Req. Mgr. find ways/means to address stairwell/other issues at LHS.
18. C. Elliott-Req. Law Dept. draw language to require muzzling of Pit Bulls involved in incidents.
19. C. Mercier-Req. Mgr. have proper dept. enforce regulation & remove trash from 24 Lane St.
20. C. Mercier-Req 60 Day Trial, (2) fifteen min. parking spaces DLKV 447 Central St.
21. C. Martin-Req. Mgr. proceed with action to repair/demolish property @ 491-493 Concord St.
22.C. Murphy-Req. Mgr/Council discuss use of FY10 Snow/Ice Deficit assumed in FY11 Budget.
23. M. Milinazzo-Req. Mgr. address traffic concerns on Florida Street
Before the regular meeting there is a City Council neighborhood Sub-Committee Meeting to address the Water Tank on Christian Hill at 5:00 pm